Sunday, March 14, 2010

So, You Want to See my Necklaces? {sure you do}

I was looking through some stuff on the Urban Outfitter's website yesterday, when I saw an adorable necklace:


So, naturally, I wanted to make it. All you really need is a chain, a safety pin, and a few pendants to string along the safety pin. Mine turned out pretty cute, although I did have to shorten the chain (and my chain was much thicker than Urban Outfitter's):


If you want to make one, just attach your pendants to your safety pin; then, use clasps to attach your safety pin to your chain. Add a clasp so that you can take the necklace on and off, and you have your necklace.

After the safety pin necklace, I made a bow necklace. I didn't really model it after anything, I just made a thin, beaded necklace, made a bow, and found out that they would go together like macaroni and cheese. Or peanut butter and jelly. Or oreos and milk. Whatever floats your boat.


For the bow, you need some thread and a ribbon (I chose a black lace ribbon). Fold the ribbon several times until it's the size you want it to be, then tie the thread around its center. Tug at the edges a bit, and you should get your bow shape.


You can attach your bow to any necklace you like by either sewing it on or safety pinning it in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment