Thursday, March 4, 2010

BEGINNING {of the end}

Dun dun dun.

The First Post.

This is where I explain what I'm going to be doing here. Well, gosh. This is harder than I thought it would be.

I'm DIY-obsessed, really. It's cost-efficient, and it allows me to aid our ailing environment in small ways; that, and, you know, I'm always trying to give myself this unique style. I have no money, so what's left? Well, I can stick with the clothes I have, or I can UPCYCLE! Yup, upcycling. I take not only my clothes, but my mom's, her boyfriend's, my friends', and basically anything else I can find--and then I make them into clothes that I (or anyone else) would want to wear. Everything I do is hand-sewn and created from my own brain, or at least inspired by fashion magazines.

Now, don't get me wrong. I honestly don't do anything very complicated. I make things more fitting, add or subtract items, cut and elongate; but I don't completely rip apart and put back together any of the clothing that I upcycle (and not everything I do is clothing--I also do jewelry, belts, shoes, etc). All of the DIY stuff that I post will include instructions on how I did it, and pictures.

I'll probably post the first DIY sometime tomorrow or Saturday. Both would probably be later in the day. I have school Friday, and then I'm taking a trip to the beach with my boyfriend on Saturday (I can't resist the loveliness of an empty beach on a chilly day). What should I post first? I have things like:  a dress made into a skirt, dress pants into shorts, tightening clothes, accenting dresses or shirts, and some DIY jewelry (earrings, necklaces, bracelets).

No comments:

Post a Comment